I'm Still Weird Because


Another day! Another post!

This one inspired by Nabanitas post that had me chuckling.

I am optimistic this isn't the last of, 'how weird I am revelations' and i have a feeling i shall be topping the list. Frequently.
Here goes!


I have borderline OCD, which means I am always tempted to straighten frames hung askew, or even a wee bit off, smoothen bed sheets or tablecloths, align furniture and footwear…you get the picture right? And all this in other peoples homes, hotel rooms and restaurants. And I have done it too.

I don’t drive. I have lost hope I ever will.

I hate anyone sitting on my bed once I’ve made it.

I bitch and moan to Mum about my siblings and the moment she agrees with something against them, a fire-breathing dragon has nothing on me! Mum has wisely learnt to just listen. Because she is not weird.

When I hang my clothes out to dry they have to be in ascending order, with the corners meeting.

I still ask people their star signs, and judge them accordingly in my mind.

I dislike drinking water from a glass, I have to swig it from the bottle to quench my thirst.

I could eat ice cream for breakfast, lunch, dinner and in between too. Add cookies to that and I am in heaven. Except Chocolate ice cream.

Papaya is my most favorite fruit.

When I am angry I turn even more polite and soft spoken. The angrier I am the more soft spoken I get. If my whisper is illegible, you should be running. Fast.

I dislike people asking to use my hairbrush, towels etc. If I am forced to share, I never use them again.

When I am really pissed with The Husband I use endearments to address him. Through gritted teeth.

I abhor people mispronouncing or abbreviating my name.

I have no idea how, but I have this habit of getting locked up in bathrooms.

I still gawk when a see a woman smoking.

I hate eating alone. I have sometimes skipped a meal because I was all by myself.

I love watching movies alone.

I enjoy people watching, and sometimes get so engrossed in doing so I may come across as a crazy stalker.


I file away quirks I see in people, and they turn up as a character in some story.


This post is part of the Half Marathon Blogging Challenge with BlogChatter


Day 7












Labels: , , , , , , , ,