My Name


I am taking part in a Photo a day challenge for June 2016. 
The prompt for the 17th of June is, 'My Name', and the above is my picture for the prompt.

I am a Punjabi from Bombay married to a Telugu from Andhra, and each time I pass this name painted on a wall, quite close to where I live, it cracks me up!
:))

Since I haven't been writing/blogging at all, and I REALLY want to I thought I would use the prompts to attempt to write short stories too. 
Below is my poem for the prompt,

#MyName

My Name is Insecurity
I rise out of fear
If only you were honest enough to know your true worth
I wouldn’t hover anywhere near

My name is Jealousy
I sprout where Insecurity is sown
I take over and build a home in your heart
Till your feelings aren’t your own

My name is Mean
I follow Insecurity and Jealousy
Oh, we are a cackling trio!
Blind to our faults, we destroy everything as we go

My Name is Common Sense
I’m used the least, though I’m available easily
The more I’m used the faster I multiply
Wish people would try me and see

My Name is Confidence
I need to be built from inside
With bricks of Truth and the mortar of Deeds
A sturdy base that will face life’s tides

My Name is Patience
I need to be nurtured and Confidence helps me grow
Once I bloom I am a steady ally
During life’s ebbs and flows


My Name is Human
I possess all of the above
In quantities that vary, sometimes alarmingly
Through trial and error if I learn to strike a balance

Life becomes relatively smooth and happy!



Labels: , , , , , , ,