Looking Up



I am taking part in a Photo a day challenge for June 2016. 
The prompt for the 21st of June is 'Looking Up' and the above is my picture for the prompt.

Looking up as I sip my tea, I see #curdled #clouds looking down at me.

Since I haven't been writing/blogging at all, and I REALLY want to I thought I would use the prompts to attempt to write short stories too. 
Below is my story for the prompt,


Looking Up

‘Beta, you should always respect women’

Why is my tea so cold?!’

‘Women are Goddesses. In our culture we even pray to them.’

‘Don’t you even know to iron a shirt well!? Useless, woman!’

‘Women are greater than men, even though everyone will try to tell you otherwise’

How many times will I have to tell you the same thing, you dumb woman!’

‘Try your best and be your best for all the women in your life’

‘Do you think money grows on trees? Always demanding this or that!’

The father was so busy preaching to his young son, little did he realise that his son was looking at his actions, towards the women in  his life, rather than absorbing his words.




Labels: , , , , ,