The Husband Chronicles --- Part 13

When I was preparing myself to get married, I mentally psyched myself to face, and deal with, every eventuality that may crop up in our married life.
From something as common as the absence of maids, a situation which had, and still has me, tearing my hair apart… to a likely event as the annual Bombay floods, where , if the scenario arose where we had just one lifejacket  and/or a last biscuit between us I would gladly give it away to The Husband…and even something absurdly farfetched as the tiger in the song ‘Hum tum ek kamre mein band ho’ from the film ‘Bobby’ approaching us would have me willingly give up my life for The Husband.

When I said, E.V.E.R.Y E.V.E.N.T.U.A.L.I.T.Y, I meant it.

Almost 6 months of married life later, it has become glaringly obvious that I didn’t cover every eventuality. As I definitely had no idea I should have prepared myself for dealing with a 6 foot spoilt brat! A brat spolit rotten who sulks (too often and for days on end), throws tantrums (not too often) is more stubborn than 200 mules put together and has to be cajoled and pleaded with to get things done.

Phew!

If only I wasn’t such an advocate of ‘Sparing the rod’ if would be fun to spank him into behaving! ;-D